It’s Mother’s Day again, and you’re searching for the perfect gift that can help Mom relax away from the chaos and kids at home. Here at NY NY, we’re making it easy for you to plan the perfect treatment or spa day to give Mom the relaxation and rejuvenation they so desperately need. I’ve been working in salons and spas for over fifteen years and I’ve picked up some tips to share so you can book a perfect spa day that will leave Mom wowed by your intuitiveness. Let’s get started on the basics!
What does Mom like? We’ve created a flow chart to help you figure out the best choice for the mom(s) on your shopping list this year! When you’ve found a match, scroll down for scheduling tips!
1. If you’re scheduling the spa day for Mom, make sure child care is covered! The last thing Mom needs to worry about while she’s relaxing is the kids. Pro tip* Don’t bug mom while she’s here with us. Keep texts to a minimum so she can fully immerse herself in our environment.
2. New Mom? Let us know if the Mom you’re scheduling for is a nursing mom. We can build time into her spa schedule so she can pump in a private area.
3. Mom will need to eat if she’s here all day. Some of our packages include lunch, but not all of them. If you’re booking in a lunch time frame, make sure to send your mom/wife with snacks or ask our coordination team to add lunch to your tab. Let us know in Advance if there are any dietary restrictions or allergies we need to know about. Pro Tip* Plan a dinner at one of Downtown Frederick’s amazing restaurants after her spa day. Include a blowout if you want her to be presentable to the public after such a relaxing day.
4. Is this a surprise? Make sure to discuss confirmation preferences with our coordinators. Our automated system sends multiple confirmation texts and emails prior to the service. If you want to keep it a secret, we recommend turning notifications off so no surprises get ruined!
5. We have the space to accommodate parties! If the moms on your list would enjoy coming in together, let our coordinators know and we’ll plan their services accordingly. Pro Tip* The salon does not provide champagne or wine, but guests are permitted to bring their own. Send your party in with a bottle of champagne to really wow them!
6. Last, but not least. Make sure this is something Mom would enjoy prior to scheduling. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy and in the event of a cancellation, we charge 50% of services scheduled. If you’re not sure Mom wants to come in, or that a certain day would work. Hold off on scheduling. We’d much rather issue a refund for your gift card than cancel an appointment. Pro Tip* Our gift cards never expire and are transferable. If Mom isn’t quite ready, she has plenty of time to schedule or pick a different service that suits her.
Once you’ve picked the package for the mom(s) on your list, our coordinators will do the rest. You can never go wrong by treating Mom to Frederick’s Best Luxury Day Spa, a day she will never forget! Xoxo, Lisa – Director of Operations